OnlyFans suspends policy change after backlash

On Wednesday, it tweeted that it has “suspended the planned 1 October policy change”.

It is currently unclear if the delay will be permanent.

OnlyFans wrote on twitter that it would “continue to provide a home for all creators”.

“Thank you to everyone for making your voices heard,” said the company.

“We have secured assurances necessary to support our diverse creator community and have suspended the planned 1 October policy change.

“OnlyFans stands for inclusion and we will continue to provide a home for all creators.”

OnlyFans tweet

And in an email to its content creators, it said: “The proposed 1 October 2021 changes are no longer required, due to banking partners’ assurances that OnlyFans can support all genres of creators. “OnlyFans is committed to providing a sage and dependable platform for all creators and their fans.”

One OnlyFans creator, from London, welcomed the announcement but said those who had already found new homes for their content may still not return.

“So it is short-term good news for sex workers reliant on the platform – and I would like to see this as the start of increased support, celebration and championing of sx-worker rights by OnlyFans,” he told BBC News.

TikTok tests shopping tabs with select Shopify merchants in US, UK and Canada

UK companies ‘perform better’ with overseas owners: Investment minister